Saturday, October 06, 2007

Seychelles & Smashbox Warehouse Sale

Ok, so I braved another warehouse sale (alone!). This time it was the Seychelles & Smashbox Warehouse sale. The sale was located at the Seychelles/BC Footwear warehouse in El Segundo. I had my apprehensions since I was going alone and in pain (I just left my dentist's office) but I figured I'll be fine since I'll be going at the end of the day and it's a shoe sale! I know I had tips about going to sample sales a few posts ago and I broke all of them! Hahaha...

When I got there, I was surprised that there were still so many girls in there! I can get a tad bit claustrophobic in crowded situations but it wasn't all that bad. The space was huge, probably about 10,000 sq. feet. I felt like I was in shoe heaven, so many shoes, shoes everywhere. Unfortunately for me, I wear a 7 which is the most popular shoe size. I grabbed all the remaining 7s I could find and went off to a corner to try on my finds.

The items were reasonably priced. Seychelles boots were $45 ad all the other Seychelles shoes were $30. Seychelles shoes occupied a majority of the space with the quarter of the space devoted to BC Footwear ($20 each) and Smashbox Cosmetics (from $1). After whittling down my choices to 2 pairs, I headed to the cosmetics section. With Christmas nearing, I thought that makeup would make great stocking stuffers. It took me about 20 minutes to go through all the makeup. I think I spent a total of about an hour at the sale before calling it a day. To see my bargain buys, see below:



I know I said I found 2 pairs of shoes. I ended up only buying a pair since both shoes were nude and I decided to go with the dressy pair. The bottom picture of Smashbox cosmetics was all contained in one bag for $25. They offered 3 grab bags for $10, $25, and $100. I went for the $25 one not knowing what was inside (they were all sealed!) and I was pretty pleased with what I got. All in all, I would say that it was a good warehouse sale.

By the way, I should probably mention that I picked this sale over the Mike & Chris and LaROK sales. I'm still not sure if I made the right decision but I'm definitely happy with my purchases.

2 comments:

Purse Addict said...

*gasp* I think you have the potential to be worse than me...at least I pace myself!!!

karempot said...

i lalalalooove smashbox! if you had told me you were shopping for smashbox i would've told you to pick some up for me! hahaha not that i wear a lot of makeup (and most of them are hit and miss anyway since i usually end up being allergic to the thing) i love smashbox cosmetics..