Thursday, October 11, 2007

L.A.M.B. Love Lucca Medium Bowler

I've mentioned a few times that I'm not a bag/purse girl. I tire of bags easily, hence I can't justify spending too much money on an accessory that I'll only use for a short period of time. A lot of bag fanatics can justify their spending because they get a lot of use out the bag and they take great care of their bags. There are also services that offer bag rentals, specifically of designer "it" bags that a lot of young fashionistas covet but can't necessarily afford to purchase. These don't work for me either. I just don't like the idea of renting something that somebody else has already used.

Anyway, as much as I don't see the point in purchasing expensive bags, sometimes I see a bag that sort of "speaks" to me. In this case, it's the L.A.M.B. Love Lucca Medium Bowler. When L.A.M.B.'s spring handbag collection came out, a version of this bag was in the market - the Love Capri. I searched everywhere and they were sold out. I also liked the Love Capri Satchel, but like the bowler, it was sold out everywhere. When the Fall collection hit the shelves, this baby caught my eye again. This time available it's in only 2 colors, Anthracite (shown here) and Silver. I actually saw the Satchel in Silver at Intermix when I went with JJ last month. I immediately fell in love with it until I saw the Bowler version in Anthracite. The gray color is so trendy for this Fall season but since it's a neutral, it should be able to transcend the season. If you work in a corporate environment like me, this bag is still sophisticated enough to bring to work but it's definitely not boring or stuffy. The orange juxtaposed with the gray gives the bag a little bit of flavor. I'm not a big fan of the inside of the bag since it's lined with the signature L.A.M.B. stripe, but then again I'm the only one that can see the inside!

I can see this bag as something I can use for a while. It's also friendlier on the pocketbook at only $700. This is definitely my bag of the moment until I change my mind again. Oh, and did I mention it comes with a matching wallet? I'm not the matchy-matchy type of person but I might get the wallet and think about the purse some more.





No comments: