Thursday, October 04, 2007

October Shoe Picks

There are girls out there that love purses (i.e. my mom, JJ). There are girls out there who love clothes (i.e. SY). And there are girls out there, like me, who love shoes. I used to be a jean-girl. Every time I shopped, I get a new pair of jeans. Sadly, in entering the corporate world, I no longer wear most of my jeans so I turned to shoes (my second love). I'm also proud to say that my 'shoe collection' has grown up with me. No longer do I buy 2 pairs of Pumas at a time. I've let go of my love for sneakers when I let go of my obsession for jeans.

Because I work in a corporate environment, I turn to shoes to spruce up my work outfit. I have a few stilettos that make me feel sexy even when I'm wearing the frumpiest of outfits (which I try not to do unless I don't feel well). I remember when I used to hate pointy-toe shoes. I thought they looked like 'witch' shoes. Now, I own a few pair of them. Their great for work and they make me look taller. Hey, I need all the help I can get in that department!

Now that the weather's cooling down, it's also time to bring out the boots. I personally love knee-high boots but lately I've also been crushing on booties. Booties are a a little bit more versatile (in my opinion) because you can wear them with jeans without adding bulk. They also look really cute with swing or trapeze dresses (ok, any short dress will do) and tights. I can't wait until it gets colder!

If I had an unlimited budget for shoes, I would pick the ones below. Actually, I had an unlimited budget, I'd probably buy more than the ones below. Lol. Anyway, these are my October shoe picks. On a side note, as much I love Louboutins, I can't, in good conscience, buy or try on another pair. They put a whole new meaning to the term "killer heels".

Pumps:












L-R Giuseppe Zanotti $520, Miu Miu $395, Dior $1,390 - All available at Saks)


Boots:






















(L-R Pedro Garcia $600, Loefler Randall $685, Modern Vintage $395 - all available from Shopbop.com)

Booties:




















(L-R Scorah Pattullo $578, Frye $248, Marc by Marc Jacobs $625 - all available at Shopbop.com)


Christian Louboutins: Okay, I lied. But how can I not include CLs when I am writing about shoes?!? As much as my CLs hurt my feet, they are still eye candy and I am not going to lie, I'm actually thinking of getting another pair. I know, I never learn. In fairness, I actually tried on the one in the middle and it was actually comfortable. It fit like a dream....












(L-R Metallic Leather Sandal $785, Knotted Open-Toe Sandal $785, Burma Very Prive Pump $810 - available at Neiman Marcus.)





2 comments:

Purse Addict said...

My next goal is to persuade you to buy YSL shoes...you'll be like 5'9 with them on AND they're comfy!!!

cheeky_deb said...

If they're more comfy than CLs, I'm all for it.