Friday, October 26, 2007

Olive Garden

I am amazed that this is my first entry about food. Everyone who knows me probably knows how much I love food. I'm not sure if I love food more that I love to shop. I think I like both equally.

Anyway, I was talking to my cousin IPDL about a month ago. She just moved to Indiana from the Philippines to pursue her PhD at Purdue University. We were talking about a visit to Indiana and I asked her if she's been to any good restaurants there. She paused for a second and replied, "There's Olive Garden." I was baffled. She's been around the world, eaten so many great meals and she replies with Olive Garden? When she noticed my confusion, she told me that Olive Garden is the best restaurant they have because she's in the middle of nowhere. To my surprise, I responded, "Olive Garden?!? My palette is more refined than that." What a snooty bitch I am. We laughed about it then because she understood why I said that (I was NOT trying to be bitchy). I guess I'm just spoiled with the plethora of restaurant choices we have here in Los Angeles.


PS. I have nothing against Olive Garden but if you can have great Italian food at Il Cielo or I Cugini (or my favorite hole-in-the-wall, Alejo's), I don't think Olive Garden is even an option. On a side note, I'm really not a fan of chain restaurants except maybe The Cheesecake Factory.

No comments: