Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Crispin & Basilio

I'm back after a weekend hiatus. I took a short study break but I'm back. And what better way than to start with an entry about a fellow Filipino.

I was flipping through my November issue of Lucky magazine and I noticed a few pieces by crispin & basilio. I thought, "the designer MUST be Filipino" since Crispin and Basilio are two very famous fictional characters in Philippine literature. So, in my downtime, I looked it up and lo and behold, the designer is Filipino.

Donny Barrios studied fashion at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York. He used to design menswear prior to the launch of crispin & basilio. His collection of fun and flirty women's wear is pretty small but its enough to garner this newbie some attention. The up and coming designer has already been recognized in the fashion industry as a rising talent. Congratulations Mr. Barrios and may you bestow us with more of your designs in the years to come!



No comments: