Monday, October 01, 2007

Project: Cardigan

I am currently on the prowl for cardigans, specifically one that I can use with everything that I own (Ha!). Now that the weather is cooling down, I need a perfect office cover-up that's can also be dressed down for the weekend. I don't want anything too fancy or too casual, otherwise I won't be able to wear it to work. But, I also don't want anything too boring that I won't be able to use it out at night. I currently own only 4 cardigans, 2 of which I don't even use anymore. After what seemed like an endless search, I've narrowed it down to these (not the brands specifically, more so the style):


This cute, short-sleeved lambswool cardigan has all the features that I'm looking for in a cardigan! It can go from day to evening, casual to chic. This cardigan has cream-colored crochet trim that peeks out from each sleeve. A great way to stay warm and cute in LA!







This teal cardigan is a style upgrade from most boring cardigans. The teal color makes it pop. Conservative enough for work and cute enough for a dinner date. This cardigan is a winner!











This longer style of cardigan may be a little long for me but it's nothing my tailor can't fix. I love that this cardigan can almost double as a coat. The thicker cabling of this sweater also makes it a warmer alternative to the two above.

With gray being the "it" neutral for fall, this cardigan is sure to look good with dresses, jeans, and even office wear! If you're bold enough, you can even pull it off as a dress with some opaque tights and exford pumps. That's major! Lol.








A more feminine and sexy silhouette is offered by this fourth cardigan style. Another winner for a day-to-night look! I like the fact that this looks very feminine but not matronly even with the long sleeves. And it's cashmere! Need I say more?













(Top to bottom: Star-Crossed Cardigan, Anthropologie, $178; In Session Sweater Jacket, Anthropologie, $138; Vince Short Sleeve Sophie Cardigan, Shopbop.com, $325; Demylee Victoria Cardigan, Shopbop.com, $406)

No comments: