Saturday, May 10, 2008

Shopping Outfit

I'm one of those people who take shopping seriously. Before I head out to shop, I usually have a game plan. What do I need to buy? How much can I spend? Where do I go to make the most of my time and money for the things I intend to purchase? These are some of the questions I ask myself before I head out. I'm quite busy so I don't like to waste a lot of time. If I know where I'm going and what I need, that's half the battle.

Shopping the sales are quite a different experience. You can't really "plan" ahead since you don't really know what's available. The only thing that is guaranteed is that sales are usually quite crowded. Comfortable clothing is extremely important when shopping the sales (especially sample sales and warehouse sales).



The outfit I've chosen above is designed to maximize your comfort level when shopping the sales. When shopping a warehouse/sample sale, it will inevitably get hot and crowded. The loose fitting t-shirt is perfect for this situation, especially a lightweight one. There's some room so it doesn't stick to your body when you get all sweaty (and believe me, it's inevitable).

I love shorts and I believe that it's more comfortable than jeans when shopping. It's shorter allowing more breathing room for your legs. Again, the idea is to keep you cool when you're in a room filled with rabid shoppers elbowing you in every direction.

You all know that I'm not usually a fan of flats but in this case I'll make an exception. Flats are perfect for shopping since they're more comfortable than heels. I chose slip-on flats since it's the easiest to take off when trying on shoes. You don't want to have to fight with straps and whatnot when you're trying on sale shoes. Some women get vicious and will literally pick fights if you're taking too long because you're wearing strappy shoes (and I'm speaking from experience).

A smaller shoulder bag is appropriate when shopping sales so you can keep your wallet handy and your hands free. Accessories are optional and should you choose to wear them, keep it to a minimum. You don't want your ring or bracelet getting caught on the clothes on the rack.

I threw in the jacket because it's always a good idea to carry a lightweight jacket (especially if you're always cold like me). If you're going to shop the department store sales, you have to keep in mind that the hotter it is outside, the colder it is inside.

Like I said, I take shopping seriously. And no, I don't have OCD. I just know what works for me.

No comments: