Thursday, May 01, 2008

Blazers A Blazin'

I think I have professed my love for blazers one time too many on this blog but as you can see (read), that doesn't stop me from posting about it yet one more time (and probably not the last either). I firmly believe that a well-fitting blazer is a must-have in every girl's wardrobe. It instantly smartens up an outfit.

My current favorite blazers are:

(L-R Elizabeth & James $395, Twenty8Twelve $456 both available at Intermix)

I love the unexpected color of the blue blazer from Elizabeth & James. It only has one button which is perfect to show off a narrow waist. And it's fitted, which makes it a little more feminine than the traditional blazer. Meanwhile, the Calandra blazer from Twenty8Twelve is a much more contemporary take on the blazer. The cropped length gives it a rock and roll vibe.

I can understand that some people might shy away from the blazer because it does have the tendency to look dull. That problem can be solved with styling (granted not everyone has that foresight or ability). For inspiration, see below:

Noot Seear in Alexander Wang


Svetlana Larazeva in Chris Benz


Agyness Deyn in Etro

And if you still don't get why I love blazers so much, here's hot momma, Gwyneth Paltrow, at the London premiere of Iron Man. Enough said.

No comments: