Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Beach Vacation Must-Haves for JG

Next month, one of my closest friends is going on vacation with her family to Boracay, Philippines. I think I'm just as excited as she is. In my humble opinion, the only place I've been to that's more beautiful than Boracay is Boracay 13 years ago. As can be seen on the picture on the left, you have powder-fine white sand, cerulean waters...paradise on earth.

A couple weeks ago, she told me she wanted to get a few dresses for her trip. She doesn't want them to be too expensive. She just needs something light and Boracay-appropriate (which I take to mean casual enough for the beach but still chic enough for the Boracay nightlife). I actually forgot about her query until I opened the new Delia's catalog. And voila! Exactly what she asked for.



She mentioned that she wanted to buy maxi dresses. For such a trendy item, I always prefer not to splurge. The dresses above are way too cute and way too cheap to pass up! I especially love the purple ombre tube dress since I love purple but I think the orange would look great against her skintone. And since I started browsing the Delia's website, I found these two dresses for her as well:


I picked the green dress for her because I think I remember her favorite color to be green (sorry if it's not, LOL). The pretty embroidery sets the dress apart without going overboard. I also think the neckline of both dresses will highlight her assets (hahaha). The second dress carries the Spring floral trend well into Summer with the tangerine colors bringing out the best in her complexion.

Oh, and here's a little something for Maddy too. A cute yellow crocheted bikini so she can be sexy like her mommy. I think Maddy approves but daddy will probably object.





Dresses from Delia's.
Baby Bikini from Sandbox Couture.
Maddy from Junee and Vincent. =)

4 comments:

karempot said...

I like the orange dress. I need some for my trip too but I won't be leaving any time soon. I hope they still have 'em around august.

sumnboutme said...

You guys should look into Delia's for their dresses. Their cute and cheap. Size up though coz their sizes tend to run smaller.

S said...

the baby bikini is ADORABLE!

MadsaboutU said...

that baby is adorable,lol. this is of course coming from her mom. i think the bikini will have to wait until she turns 16.