Monday, November 26, 2007

Black Friday Sale at Camarillo Outlets

I haven't posted in a while. Partly due to the holidays and partly due to sheer exhaustion from the Black Friday sale that I braved with my mom, aunt and cousins. It seriously has taken me a few days to recuperate from the holiday mayhem and the psychotic Black Friday sale we went to.

My mom and I decided a long time ago that we would try to make it to the post-Thanksgiving sale at the outlets this year. It turns out that my aunt wanted to go too so we all decided to go together. Collectively, this is our first time to the Camarillo outlets for their post-Thanksgiving sale. We all decided to just "tackle" the stores that we wanted to go to and ignore the rest.

Since most stores opened at midnight for the sale, we left LA at 11:00pm thinking that we'll have a head start and find a good parking spot. WRONG! We got there at 11:45pm and parking was already a mess. Banana Republic had a line about two blocks long and that's just to get in the store. It was such chaos! Lines to get into certain stores. Line to check out. I ended up only getting a few items but I finally got my Uggs.

For those of you who know me, you know I've been going back and forth about the Uggs. One, because I can't stand how they look but I know how comfortable they feel. Two, I live in LA. It doesn't get that cold here but I'm always cold and I have to walk my dog in the wee hours of the morning when it's still cold. Three, I just can't make up my mind. Well, standing in line at 5am in the freezing cold for about half an hour made me realize that I didn't get in that line to walk away empty handed. So, I caved and bought a pair. They are SOOO comfortable and so warm that I walked around in my apartment with them on all weekend. Lol.

Back to the sale. Was it worth it? I think so...just so I can tell people that I'm crazy enough to have gone. Were the sales that good? Yes, at certain stores (J. Crew and Banana Republic). Half the stores didn't have anything decent (Betsey Johnson) and the other half were too crowded (Diesel). But it was fun...exhausting but fun. Will I do it again? Hell no. Once is enough. Next year, I think I'll just go to Nordstrom or something.



1 comment:

karempot said...

congratulations on your new uggs (finally!) were they on sale?
i got the new Cardys in sand but i'm hoping to exchange it for the gray ones as soon as nordstrom's gets it.. i missed the gray one by ten minutes when i went to the store last wednesday.. uggs (for me) never go on sale so i always end up paying full price.. i opted for the sweater knit this time cos being pregnant and all i get hot easily ;p