Thursday, January 10, 2008

Kindle

I am an avid Amazon.com "shopper" (and wishlister, lol) and as I was browsing through their pages for the past few weeks, I've noticed the word Kindle around the site. Today, I finally clicked on it and to my amazement Kindle is actually Amazon's own revolutionary reading device. It's the print version of Netflix.

Kindle is basically a portable reading device that allows readers to wirelessly download books, magazines, and newspapers. Although it's not the first of it's kind, it's the first one to utilize wireless technology. Since you have wireless access, you don't need to connect to a computer to download books. Magazine and newspaper subscriptions are automatically delivered and books can be downloaded in a touch of a button. For those who are worried about their eyesight, fear not because the font is adjustable!

They've thought about everything when they developed this product. It has a built-in dictionary and wireless access to Wikipedia. The memory is expandable to accommodate your growing library. And for those of you who like to make notes on their books, Kindle supports that too. The keyboard allows you to makes notes just like you would on a real book! You won't even need a bookmark since Kindle opens the book to the last page you read. My, my.

Right now, the Kindle Store has over 90,000 books plus magazines and newpapers you can browse and buy. An important tidbit that they fail to mention is the downloading time but according to customer review a full book can download in just seconds! Yay to no waiting! The only thing I would probably miss if I bought Kindle is actually seeing the books on my shelf. But then again, Kindle is sold out so I'd have to wait anyway (boo).
To learn more about Kindle, click here.

Photos courtesy of Amazon.com customers.

1 comment:

karempot said...

that's pretty cool.. better than lugging around my tablet pc