Saturday, February 28, 2009

Marie Antoinette Debuts at SCP

Last February 24th, at the CL Boutique at Shouth Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa, CA culminated the North American début of the Marie Antoinette, a limited edition shoe (only 36 pairs were made) from world renowned shoe designer, Christian Louboutin. The Marie Antoinette is a collaboration between Msr. CL and master embroiderer Jean Francois Lesage. It is meant to capture the essence of its namesake Queen of France.

And what's a début without an appearance (coupled with shoe signing) from Msr. CL himself?

Of course, as a semi-rabid fan of CLs, I heard about this event sometime last year. I knew I had to be there since I missed his BNY and Saks appearances last year. There were speculations going around about the signing that I decided to contact SCP. I wanted a shoe anyway so I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone. This was the most painful part. The SAs kept changing their stories of which shoes are allowed to be signed. The first version I got was when I picked up my Watersnake New Simples. I was told it was ok for me to bring it on the day of the signing since I bought it 2 weeks ahead. A few days later, I got an email telling me that I need to return the shoes if I wanted them signed. That weekend I go back to SCP and was told that I didn't need to return them after all. I ended up picking up 2 more pairs of shoes. On the day of the signing, I brought my Watersnakes and was told that they were giving priority to people who bought shoes that day. Mind you, I had already been in line for about 2 hours when this announcement was made. I was towards the front of the line and they're telling me I had to go to the back of the line? F* that. What's a girl to do to keep her place in line, why buy another pair of course. Yes, 4 pairs (all regular price) in the course of about 2.5 weeks. Anyway, after that whole fiasco, I was a happy camper getting to meet my shoe hero.

showing him my shoe, looking oh so giddy

getting ready to sign my shoe

tpf-ers in line

my signed shoes

future CL-aholic

No comments: