Sunday, February 22, 2009

Hmmm, that's a little off...

I just finished watching last Thursday's episode of Ugly Betty that I Tivo-ed. Danny is dating Molly, who is an elementary school teacher. This week's episode is all about Fashion Week and Danny invites Molly as her date. She shows up in this dress:

Derek Lam Self Tie Ruffle Dress, $1890 at Shopbop

I actually think the dress is quite cute. It totally reflects Molly's sweet sensibility. Probably not appropriate for Fashion Week, but it definitely caught my eye. Now imagine my surprise when browsing through Shopbop, I actually came across said dress and the price tag is a whopping $1,890. Now, I know it's just a TV show, but how is this school teacher affording $2,000 dresses???? Yes, she is dating a rich man but she wore the dress before he gave her a makeover. Anyway, I just wanted to rant...carry on...

No comments: