Monday, March 09, 2009

Special Gift for a Landmark Birthday

This year I'm turning 30. I figured I'd celebrate it by buying myself a special gift. After going about it in my head for a while, I thought that a special purse would be the best choice. Last year, I missed out on a Black Metallic Reissue. With that in mind, I thought about getting that for my birthday. Yay, right? Not really. Not nearly special enough.

So, I'm back to square one. What is that special purse that will make my birthday all the more special? The answer came to me in about 2 seconds. Hermes Birkin. Now I haven't been a fan of the Birkin. I've always thought they were a little ostentatious for an old lady looking purse. But after looking at a few pictures, I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I'm a convert. I still don't like all of them. I especially hate some of the leathers (Togo most of all) but some of them are just really dreamy. The hard part is getting one in time for my birthday. Well, the harder part is actually getting me to buy one. LOL. I'd like something blue or pink or purple.

30 cm Blue France in Courchevel in GHW

30 cm Rose Dragee in Swift with PHW

35 cm Violet Porosus Croc with PHW
(IN MY DREAMS ONLY!!!)


Pics from TPF

No comments: