Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Retail Doom and Gloom

When is this economic downturn ending?

I get alerts from WWD and these days almost all the headlines are about losses. It's not entirely surprising with the current state of our economy but it still bothers me. It bothers me because I know it affects us all. It bothers me because I know I'm quitting soon and won't have disposable income (well, I guess I won't have ANY income when I quit). I hate it but I guess it was inevitable. Markets eventually correct itself and the more inflated the market, the bigger the crash. I guess we had to prove that theory the hard way.

On the up side (yes, there is an upside but probably only applies to Americans), the economic crisis has affected exchange rates. Which means, shopping overseas can save you hundreds of dollars. This is also probably the best time to go an a vacation.

No comments: