Friday, September 30, 2011

Trinkets

First off, I want to apologize for the quality of the pics on my blog.  I usually use my iPhone to take pics and occasionally, I bust out my digital camera.  The pics for this entry were taken with my digital camera and while natural light would have been the best, it's late and I had to make do with apartment lighting.

Ok, back to this post.  Like most girls, I have a fascination with costume jewelry or trinkets as my mom likes to call them.  She prefers that I buy actual jewelry but with said trinkets, I never have to worry about losing them or insuring them.  I have to say that I have a preference for rings but I do tend to buy a lot of earrings as well.  I'm working on the necklace and bracelet department but I have to admit that they do bother me when I'm wearing them.  Anyway, these are my most recent acquisitions:

1. These first two were from a street vendor outside of Eataly.  All her pieces were $10 and I had a tough time narrowing it down to these two.  I love the delicate nature of these pieces.  Now I'm not exactly a delicate flower but once in a while I like feminine pieces.


without flash
with flash

2.  I bought this next one when I was in LA in August.  I was gonna wear it to Val's wedding but it didn't really go with the outfit I ended up wearing.

3. I bought these next two pieces from my friend's Etsy store.  Again, I had difficulty narrowing it down to two pieces but I'm really happy with both.  I can't wait to wear them and I can't wait to buy more of her pieces.



4. Last week, I found myself on Times Square (don't ask).  I also just read about the opening of a massive Forever 21 there so I decided to take a gander (And no, Forever 21 opened earlier this year but I just recently read about it).  I actually haven't been inside a Forever 21 store in a long time.  It's always an overwhelming experience and the Times Square store makes overwhelming such an understatement (another post on that next time).  Of course I couldn't leave without a souvenir.
with flash
without flash

5.  This bracelet was an impulse buy.  I was paying for other stuff at All Saints and there it was all pretty just staring me in the face.  Of course, I had to have it too.Oh, and these come in different color charms.  I wish I bought the red one too.
on my wrist
close-up of charms

No comments: