Wednesday, April 01, 2009

I NEED new clothes!!

I've been on a buying rampage lately but I've only been buying shoes. Now what is the point of a closetful of shoes if I don't have clothes to wear them with? I'm waiting to start buying clothes until after I quit my job though. I need to be out of work-mode because that might skew my choices.

Anyhow, I think I need to invest in clothes that can go from day to night. I'll be back in school soon and I need clothes that will be comfy enough for school but be stylish enough for me to wear any other time. I used to go to school in tshirts and jeans and sneakers and sweats. I think I'm too old for that sloppy look.

For a more casual school look in the summer, I'd go for something like this:

This look is probably as casual as it gets. The shorts and the sandals are perfect for a Southern California summer. The leather jacket gives this casual look a bit of an edge without being over the top. Casual and comfy without being sloppy...perfect for a back to school outfit.

Jeans are my school staple. Skinny jeans are perfect because you can dress them up and dress them down (the trick is finding one that flatters your figure which is harder with skinny jeans than others). A pop of color is always a breath of fresh air and a fitted blazer pulls the whole look together.

A more current take on jeans is the distressed boyfriend fit. This look can be harder to pull off if not done right because it can look sloppy. I personally like pairing these jeans with a more structured top to contrast the baggy-ish fit. I also like pairing these jeans with heels or gladiator platforms for a more feminine look.

Dresses are great for school as long as the weather permits. Lightweight cotton is great for the summer and it's not too dressy. If the classrooms get too cold, it's always smart to bring along a cardigan. They're pretty easy too...you don't have to think about what top or what bottom to pair it with. You slip it on and you're good to go. Perfect for me since I'm always running late.

I'm so excited to start buying clothes again. =)


Everything posted is available at NAP.

2 comments:

karempot said...

you used to go to school in sweats? i never noticed that. i remember the pumas tho.. although when i used to go to uni i notice people wearing pjs like they seemingly just rolled out of bed complete with fluffy slippers n all.

sumnboutme said...

yup. one semester i had an early morning dance class and another semester i had an early morning aerobics class and sweats were the best thing to wear...