Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mango Lassi

When my mom came to visit, she brought me some champagne mangoes.  I love mangoes, especially the ones from the Philippines and champagne mangoes are closest in taste.  Sweet, huge, firm and simply yummy.


When I saw these mangoes, it immediately reminded me of a friend's blog post.  I am a big fan of Indian cuisine and I never fail to order mango lassi when I am indulging myself.  So, with big, fat, yummy mangoes at hand, why not make some lassi?  The only ingredients needed can be found on your pantry/refrigerator (well, except for the mango I guess).


Pop all that in the blender (or in my case, a Magic Bullet) and you get yummy lassi.  A perfect treat for any day!


Since I used a Magic Bullet, my lassi is a little bit more chunky.  But, I do like the little bits of mango in my lassi.  Also, I didn't add any ice cubes so I had to keep my lassi in the fridge until it reached the temp I wanted.  Here's the "recipe":

1 champagne mango
1/2 cup Fage greek yogurt
1/2 cup skim milk
1 tbsp sugar (I used the raw kind)

Pop everything in the blender until it reaches desired consistency.  You may add ice cubes if you want.  If you want a more tart flavor, increase yogurt to 3/4 cup and decrease milk to 1/4 cup.  It's all about proportions so play with it until you find the combination you like.

Enjoy!  xoxo

2 comments:

MadsaboutU said...

I was just thinking of making this again! but I couldn't get the ripe mangoes anywhere only bought those mexican ones...nada bueno. lol

You know what I tried that's good too? Avocado shake with honeydew. interesting mix but really good!

cheeky_deb said...

hmmmm, avocado shake...i might try that too, thanks!