Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wedding Dresses that Aren't

A friend is getting married this year in August and she asked me to go to Kleinfeld with her to try on wedding dresses.  Who am I to say no, right?  If you've ever seen an episode of 'Say Yes to the Dress', you wouldn't her down either.  Kleinfeld is like THE place to find a wedding dress.  Unfortunately not for my friend.  She tried on a few dresses and we liked 2.  If the service was better, she might have been inclined to purchase but it was shoddy at best.  Really unfortunate.

In the light of shoddy service, I decided to find some dresses online for her.  Just because it's not from a wedding dress place does not mean it's not one.  So here we go...

1. Alexander McQueen Embellished Gown, GBP 8970

 I think this is more my style, to be honest.  But isn't it gorgeous???

2. Alberta Ferretti Draped Gown, GBP 2195
So romantic with a little bit of Greek goddess thrown in...

3. Rachel Gilbert Tiered Gown, GBP 1173
For those who want a more fairytale twist...

4. ADAM Tiered Strapless Dress, GBP 345
A little bit more casual...perfect for a beach or destination wedding.

5. Halston Heritage Metallic Silk-Plisse Gown, GBP 730
Simple and elegant.


All images from NAP UK.

2 comments:

SoCalFashionista said...

Always wanted to go to Kleinfeld, how disappointing about their service!

The McQueen is gorgeous, but eek the price!

cheeky_deb said...

yes, the McQueen is gorge!!!

my friend found a dress at another place so I guess it worked out...i guess it's true after all - that everything happens for a reason...