Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday Fun Day

I wish I took pictures today.  Anyway...

The day started with a text from Courtney and me almost flaking.  Thank goodness she talked (texted) me into going because it was a fun day.  We met up at Russ and Daughters and bought sandwiches.  This time I opted to get the same thing Court - gaspe nova smoked salmon, caviar cream cheese and red onions (we got it on different types of bread).

What I almost missed out on

Since Russ has no seating, Court suggested her favorite coffee shop across the street - Bluebird Coffee Shop.  She swears by their coffee so I decided to give it a whirl.  The place is incredibly teeny and they were packed so we got out coffees to go.  Oh, and yeah, their coffee was really good.

Actual size - and I'm not kidding :p

Armed with sandwiches and coffees with nowhere to go, Court and I wandered aimlessly and I remembered the indoor park she emailed me about.  Checked my phone for the address and we headed there straight away.

Bright and warm park on a cold NYC day

The park was a good call.  It's actually a gallery space where a pop-up park is housed all of January - perfect way to stay warm.  Court and I found a spot to eat and chat uninterrupted.  Enjoying our sandwiches and coffees in the warmth of the gallery space.

We ended the day by walking around LoDo (SoHo, inside joke...sorry), occasionally stopping in random stores and complain about being broke students.

Hope you had a good day.  xoxo

No comments: