Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Shoe Boxes

I never really paid attention to shoe boxes. Before I accumulated more than enough shoes, I used to toss my shoe boxes as soon as I got home. I realized later on that it was a bad idea since all my shoes that were on the shoe racks started gathering layers of dust. Then I started buying designer shoes. I couldn't let these babies get dusty so I kept them in their shoe boxes. Like I mentioned, I never really paid attention to what the boxes look like because I couldn't wait to get the shoes out of those boxes.

I was pretty satisfied with my Christian Louboutin shoe boxes:

At first I was a little put off by the simplicity but I realized that the packaging doesn't really matter because it's what's inside that counts.

Then I came across a Lanvin shoe box:

The box is so pretty. Every time you open one, it's almost as if you're opening a present. It's so pretty but when you really think about it, who has time to go through all that when you're in a rush in the morning. Hmmm, that might just be me. But yeah, impressive shoe box right?

I thought so too until I came across an Alaia shoe box:

The Alaia box looks like a little treasure chest! The belt might make it hard to open when you're in a rush, definitely much harder than the Lanvin box. But isn't the box gorgeous? I almost want to buy a pair just so I can get my hands on the box. Yeah, kinda sick when you really think about it, I know. *Sigh*

3 comments:

Purse Addict said...

We all know I love Lanvin shoe boxes and they really dont take much longer to open than any other shoe box :D

sumnboutme said...

LOL :p

BESPECTACLED EDITOR said...

The Forget-me-not blue is a product of Lanvin's current designer, Alber Elabz. I like it myself, I think it's as ubiquitous as Dior's grey.