Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Holiday Shoes

Now that the holiday season is upon us, it's time to break out the glitzy shoes for all those holiday parties!!! I'm usually not a fan of embellished shoes because most of the time they look too ostentatious for me. However, once in a while, I come by a pair that is embellished but will look so perfect against the holiday backdrop that it makes me weak at the knees.


Take these Manolos, for example. I would have just passed this shoe off as another over-embellished evening sandal but something about it screams elegance. I still can't figure out what I like about this shoe but I can't stop staring.


This Fendi sandal is all about understated elegance. I love the champagne color because it easily goes with black or brown hues. The rhinestones on the strap add just a hint of glitz so that it won't overpower your cocktail dress. And, when the holidays are over, these babies go so well with jeans!

Oh Miu Miu...I'm still not sure about the comfort level of Miu Miu shoes because the pair I own hurt like a MF but these shoes are SO cute! I love the embellished heel. Like the Fendis, this shoe has an understated elegance that is so perfect for the holiday season. The rose copper color also makes the shoe stand out from the sea of silver and gold shoes of the holidays.


Shoes available at Barneys.

2 comments:

Purse Addict said...

Those Fendi shoes were cute on you but personally I think bejeweled shoes should only be worn at night with pretty dresses...they're sorta gaudy/tacky during the daytime :P

cheeky_deb said...

they can be...i think it depends on the rest of the outfit...