Friday, August 11, 2006

My Arm (Part Deux)

I found some pictures of my arm as I was rifling through the pictures on my cellphone. These pics are kind gross.

******************************************************************************

The staples were just removed by my doctor. The wounds look so fresh. Euw. He was trying to distract me by talking to me about the beach while he picked them off. I was screaming so much...I hope I didn't scare his other patients. This pic was taken with my camera phone because I'm such a doofus that I forgot my camera at home. Imagine how this would look if it was a higher quality picture. Double euw.



This pic is of the other side of my arm. this one's even more disgusting because of the burn marks. Burn marks you ask? Apparently, I'm allergic to surgical tape. This part of my arm had the staples taken off earlier* and the stitches were held by surgical tape so it won't open. When the doctor removed the bandages, I thought the scabs were dried blood but they were actually burnt skin. Say it with me...EUW!



*I had two separate surgeries for my arm. After the first surgery (where they installed the metal plates), my arm was so swollen that they couldn't close it off. I went back a week after to first surgery to have my arm closed up and for a bone graft (there was a gap in my bone since it apparently shattered and some pieces were too tiny to be put back together). Before I had my second surgery, the doctor removed the staples. Since the wound was pretty fresh, he taped up my arm with surgical tape so the wound won't reopen.

No comments: